Saturday, May 25, 2013

Disney Vacation

One of the benefits of living in Florida is that Disney offers FL resident specials. This year they offered one of the best specials I've ever seen - 4 days for $129 (that's almost like buying 1 and getting 3 free!), so Tim and I took advantage of it.

We went to Epcot in April, and since I was on vacation from work this week we decided to do the other 3 parks this week. We had a great time, with LOTS of walking. My FitBit is quite proud of me, 3 days over 10,000 steps, and I actually got my first 20,000 step badge this week LOL!

While I didn't actually do any working out (except continuing with my 30 day squat challenge), I think I walked enough to make up for it. I also let my eating slip quite a bit, but I learned a long time ago to not stress over that. I ate what I wanted (hello TWO cheeseburger and fries meals this week) and enjoyed myself, but now I'm back home and eating is back to normal.

When I first started Weight Watchers I tried to stick to my usual eating while on vacation, but it just stressed me out, trying to figure out what to eat and how to track it. So I learned to just enjoy myself and not stress over it. That doesn't mean I always make unhealthy choices, I find that if I don't eat enough veggies for a day or two I do crave them, so I do what feels right for the moment.

And today it's also back to exercising...we'll either hit the gym this afternoon or I'll go for a bike ride.

How do you handle vacations? Do you stick to your regular exercise/eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment